9.7K views

Hulu Stinks with 5003 errors constantly, even though Amazon Video, Netflix, Vudu, Crackle and Pandora all stream with zero issues. I am ready to cancel my subscription because 90% of the time I cannot watch on my Sony DVD player, only online.

Had the same issues on XBOX live as well, and ONLY with Hulu.

I bought a new Sony Blu Ray player almost specifically for Hulu use and I cannot watch any of my shows. It boots up, opens Hulu and my account, then when I choose something to watch it has no trouble running the ads, then as soon as the show should begin, error 5003.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of hulu streaming service and associated monetary loss in the amount of $35. Hulu needs to "discount for lack of service and fix the problem!" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned hulu streaming service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Hulu.

Comments

I live in Vancouver, WA and have the same issue on my new Sony BluRay/streaming device. It doesn't help that every time I try to call Hulu customer service, their hold time is 45 mins or longer. I never have time to hold that long.

I am also sick of this. I can't get Designated Survivor or Scandal to play.

Not only can't I play an episode fresh, it seems even worse when I try to replay from the middle of a an episode later.

I get the intro, and the local channel icon (not sure why they wasted bandwidth to send me that), and then Playback Failure (5003).

It's crap. I have Netflix and Amazon streaming just fine on this same TiVo box.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States #1355278

I have the same problem. I use Roku and PS3.

I get Playback Failure usually several times during one movie or episode.

I will get the errors halfway through then have to start from the beginning. Netflix works perfectly so it must be Hulu that sucks

Error 5003 message only on certain shows. Some shows play without the error so I have a hard time believing it is my connection.

If it was my connection nothing on hulu would play. Hulu needs to get their act together.

I have Netflix, HBO, Utube they all work. And only certain shows on hulu are giving the play back failure code of 5003 so how can this be my connection problem.

Lexington, North Carolina, United States #1304503

I would appreciate if Hulu would get their act together because this 5003 playback failure is getting old. Freezing, cutting off mainly on our tv.

It seems to do ok on my ipad. Don't know what that is about and apparently from looking at the other comments others are having similar problems.

Madison, Alabama, United States #1236538

I live in Huntsville, AL and have the same issue. Hulu support is worthless as they told me I was out of luck after resetting the xbox and reinstalling Hulu didn't work.

#1204644

8-27-16. Same problem.

Bought new wireless router didn't help.

No problem with xbox live, netflix, youtube ect... just hulu.

I also live in Memphis and am having the same issue on both my PS4 and smart TV. I know it's not connection because Netflix and Amazon work with no issues.