7.9K views 63 comments

It's bad enough that Hulu makes me watch the same commercials during every break of every show, but now the app freezes after each commercial break.I have to turn off the TV, turn it back on, restart Hulu, restart the show, and re-watch the commercials.

Then maybe I get to see the next segment of the show. This stinks. I'm almost ready to go back to cable. And that's saying something.

( i'm using Hulu on a Vizio TV, hardwired, with excellent broadband service.It's Hulu, not me.)

Review about: Hulu Streaming Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Hulu?

Comments

cams3rdkindle8_54
Morganton, North Carolina, United States #1351285

The same thing is happening to me and I am fixing to turn my Wii off (which is what I use to stream Hulu on Vizio tv) and say to heck with it. It Is Super annoying, considering how many commercials they make us watch in a 1 hour program..Mine isn't just freezing up, It freezes up and makes an irtitating buzzing sound... It then won't let Me use the remote to turn the wii off to restart Hulu, I have to unplug it and then plug It back in before I can use the remote to get back into Hulu.

cams3rdkindle8_54
to cams3rdkindle8_54 Morganton, North Carolina, United States #1351286

I forgot to mention, it happens during EVERY commercial break!

Silver Spring, Maryland, United States #1348581

I'm experiencing the same problem. Never happened before. It's really frustrating.

Des Moines, Iowa, United States #1346094

Property Brothers has several breaks, each with several commercials.Each break locks up the show.

Can do a refresh on the PC and it will come back several seconds before the lock up, then start with 3-4 more commercials and lock up again without returning to the show. After 4 or 5 restarts, I understand the definition of insanity; one keeps doing the same thing repeatedly, expecting different results.

Same results on smart TV, but can only restart and always get same results...lockup.This ***** needs to get fixed.

Joe

Hulu stops after commercials then I have to retry over and over again. It can't be my service being that I'm directly connected to the modem and I'm running fiber. With speeds at 100mbps this doesn't happen with any other app only Hulu.

Winsted, Minnesota, United States #1342491

I have the EXACT same issue, I agree I think they do it deliberately to force you to upgrade to the more expensive no commercial plan considering it happens across different devices.

to Anonymous #1351052

I have the same issue with the no commercial plan. It freezes after each episode or movie..

Lexington, Kentucky, United States #1341513

I am having this exact same problem. So f-ing frustrating to have to shut down the entire TV and restart everything, only to have to rewatch the commercials and have the same problem happen again on the next commercial break.

to Anonymous Geneseo, New York, United States #1346686

Same!!!@)

Victoria, Texas, United States #1341383

Does it stick if you remove commercials?