23K views

It's bad enough that Hulu makes me watch the same commercials during every break of every show, but now the app freezes after each commercial break. I have to turn off the TV, turn it back on, restart Hulu, restart the show, and re-watch the commercials.

Then maybe I get to see the next segment of the show. This stinks. I'm almost ready to go back to cable. And that's saying something.

( i'm using Hulu on a Vizio TV, hardwired, with excellent broadband service. It's Hulu, not me.)

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Hulu. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Hulu.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Hulu to other companies on our site.

Comments

Using Lightning to HDMI with iPhone. Commmercials play great then when the show comes back on, it haso pixilated boxes or a black screen along with the audio. Playes great just on phone, like crap mirrored.

Well I just got free preview and my computer it *** up now !!! Very pissed

Mine freezes on my PS3 after it plays a program. Need to quit and relaunch Hulu app. Started after latest update.

I am on the no ads subscription plan. My xbox 360 freezes completely everytime It comes to a point where there would be an ad on the other plan. I pay extra for no ads, and the damn ads still lock up my xbox to where I must manually turn it off and back on and try again.

I have the same problem when I watch American Ninja Warrior. Freezes up, restart hulu, watch 10 minutes, repeat. Very frustating!

I too am sick of hulu's ads and constant freezing up after one plays and sometimes playback failure during a show! I'm paying for garbage!

About to cancel! Not to mention the worthless selection of movies that never seem to change!

Similar issue as others are having. Hulu plays fine for a while but at some point it plays a set of ads and then hangs when returning to the show. VERY frustrating!!

Sick of same ads! Ready to cancel

I'm experiencing the same thing. I seem to remember signing up for Hulu Plus 10 years ago for limited commercials and have watched the cost climb yearly with more and more commercials!

What gives HULU, your price goes up your service still is just mediocre at best with an unreasonable amount of repetitious advertising? You are causing me to reconsider cable.

Damn channel Gabrielle commercial freezes my Xbox 360 every time on Hulu...I know it's Hulu because none of this happens on any of my other streaming services and I have more than a few

Hulu better fix this or they will be losing me and many others as clients. It feels like because its only on the commercials that its a way for them to make more money. Very bad!

The same thing happens to me. Sometimes I have to watch the same few scenes and commercials 3 or 4 times before it finally makes it through a set of commercials successfully.

It is ridiculous!

I am done with Hulu. Amazon prime video and Netflix put Hulu to shame!!!

I have the exact same issue. Usually the last commercial before returning to the show, Hulu freezes and needs to be restarted.

I'm a network engineer so I know it is not my network. 100m, 8 port gig firewall and 802.11ac AP. Scrapped the wireless and wired in my TVs. The issue persisted.

Bought Amazon Fire TV devices and use my wired connection for them and an HDMI cable to the TV. Everything works fine in this configuration. Picture quality is amazing and no freezing.

I suspect the Hulu app is not written well for every device. The TV I had the most problems with is a 2018 model LG and I would have suspected that to work the best.

Once I'm done with Handmaid's Tale, I'm off Hulu. Just took me 2 hrs to watch an hour show.

Same issue, just go to Internet Explorer

to Anon #1511575

its working fine with internet explorer ..thanks

Mine is happening specifically with the dog commercials.

to adsfasasdf #1511865

Mine too:(

Same here, this is *** It plays the show fine but hangs on commercials. Takes me an hour to watch a 20 min show...and several times I don't get though the show. This is a new issue....worked fine before.

Same issue!!! VERY frustrating!!!!!!