Verified Reviewer

1.9

After reading Hulu offered streaming of the Buffalo bills games we figured we'd try out the free 7 day trial. In order to start it they still wanted a credit card to back it up.

We had a gift card for$100 from the purchase of a LG tv from Costco. Called a rep and they set it up with the gift card as back up. Next day came and no Bills game. Immediately called rep and they told me we needed NFL red zone and we'd be able to get the game.

Cost - +$10/month. Turned on red zone only to learn it jumped from game to game at a scoring drive. That's not watching the Bill's game. Again, immediately called rep and told her to cancel those free trials and just enroll us in the $7/month plan, as the whole purpose for Hulu was to stream the Bill's game.

Please understand that this was all within a 18 hour time period. When the rep came back she said it was all taken care of. We'd have regular Hulu till March 3, 2022. What???

I told her I am no math expert but $100 credit should take service till like Jan. 2023??? After an hour of debate and the rep calling a higher up it was determined the gift card was charged approximately $80 dollars to cover the 1st month of Hulu live and NFL redzone. I was like wait a minute.

I am not even 18 hours into a free trial. Why are they charging me??? I know why! They are a bunch of thieves preying on good faith people's credit cards and gift cards and making extra millions.

Shame on Walt Disney and Comcast. If normal people did this it would be a crime. (I have since read reviews where they charged people's credit cards during that free trial period) I have also found out that even though they advertise Buffalo bills games it is just a fraudulent assertion. They had a contractual dispute over a year ago and these games are not possible.

Honestly, this is a perfect example of a class action lawsuit. Fraudulent advertising and charging credit cards before service is rendered during a free trial, with no option to cancel. We told the rep to shut the live portion and redzone off immediately, to no avail. Hulu seems to have a service that can benefit certain clientele, however, to others they are very deceptive, misleading, and and outright dishonest.

Do the right thing Hulu!!!

Credit our account accordingly and quit your deceptive practices. Respectfully submitted, Dan

User's recommendation: If Hulu won't give the free trial without credit card information then don't sign up for it.

Location: Maryville, Tennessee