2.6K views
2.3
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I canceled after being forced to use the new interface. It's difficult to navigate and has removed many of the features that made the old Hulu interface so user friendly.

Autoplay will play shows you do not want to watch. Your watchlist is difficult to find and no longer allows you to find your unwatched shows at the top of the list. It is VERY easy to find shows that you do not want to watch, as Hulu will shove them down your throat on every screen. What you won't see?

Your stuff.

People have been complaining about this for months after they were forced to use this UI on other devices...but Hulu pushed it anyway.

I am not paying for a service that ignores it's customers and, because of that, has no clue what they want.

0/10. Bye bye!

Review about: Hulu Watchlist.

Reason of review: bad UI.

Preferred solution: Restore the previous UI..

I liked: Old hulu, Some shows.

I didn't like: Hulu does not respond to its own feedback site, New ui.

Comments

AWFUL Ready to drop

I agree! I am going to cancel.

What is the point of streaming shows when Hulu expires them before you even finish them? I pay for Hulu to watch what I want to watch WHEN I want to watch them.

So long Hulu... I'm going to NetFlix

It's terrible. I just googled "Hate new hulu" to see if others agreed.

Looks like no one likes it.

I can't even tell if shows I watch have new episodes. I hope they revert it.

Hate new hulu format. I want to know what came out yesterday.

Just what came out yesterday. I don't want suggestions, I don't want to a thousand icons of shows I could watch that have come out throughout the lifespan of contracts, I just want to watch the new stuff that's on TV without subscribing to cable.

to Nate #1579882

Wah wah wah, my TV service I pay under 30 dollars for isn't perfect, wah; call the freaking wambulance.

I agree with pretty much all other comments here, it's like everyone is describing my exact experience. I always thought netflix sucked and almost never used it but now hulu sucks worse and as much as I hate netflix I've been using it most of the time.

I guess I should just cancel hulu but I've been holding on to a shred of hope that they will come to their senses and go back to the old platform. Or at least fix the new one.

I totally agree that the new interface is horrible. I cannot find my shows, I cannot read viewer comments on the shows anymore, and the autoplay plays shows I do not want to watch.

I TOO AM PISSED OFF! IT'S RUINED WHY I LOVED IT! JERKS!!!

I liked the star ratings & the included comments section on the old format. I also liked seeing episodes to series shown below the episode being watched & that a pointed cursor exposed a brief description.

The new format requires that you leave your episode to 'Browse' the entire series.

The new format is attractive but it is not user friendly. Thank you.

I agree, HULU has made it difficult (more work than before) to see episodes of a show that I start to watch unless is use the search or browse function that I never had to use before. More work to consume the same content is a hostile way to treat customers.

No only does the UX suck, it's freaking buggy! It must be a *** show over there for this to get released. I guess I'll have to look elsewhere too :(

I too canceled Hulu because they refuse to listen to their customers

Complete piece of *** interface

Just cancelled and they even offered me a free month to stay. Didn't take it.

It's not even worth having it for free. I won't use it the way it is now.

I hate the fact that they have limited what I am able to access in their catalog. First they screwed the mobile app, and now they have done the same to the desktop site.

OMG the new Hulu design is TERRIBLE! I am definitely cancelling this if they don't fix it.

They have made it like the app so now I cannot see their full inventory of movies. They just show me a handful from different genres that they think I might like. I am sick and tired of being told by this website what it is they think I should watch. And the site looks like it was designed in 1998.

I mean COME ON! White with black lettering? The old site was so much more attractive and inviting. I'm done.

And it glitches and buffers more than any other streaming site I've ever seen. And I have LIGHTNING fast internet!

What is the deal here? Do these people actually WANT to go out of business?

I agree 100%

I totally agree with your assessment that the Hulu redesign is total crap. Everything about it is awful and the opposite of user-friendly.

Just a few examples of problems in the last few days: How do I delete shows that I finished from my Watchlist? It only allows you to add but the old shows remain. Where are the British TV shows? How can I find last night's additions?

I absolutely hate the redesign.

It's robbed the joy and ease out of streaming Hulu. Hate, hate, hate....

There is no longer a way to view all TV shows. You can go "A-Z" for Hulu original series, but not for TV shows.

It is all separated by category and side-scolling, rather than a list on a normal page (which you can scroll down). Displays 4 at a time, and maybe 10-15 in a category.

The layout is terrible. They should not have tried to fix what wasn't broken- I loved the old layout, and they would be wise to either change back, or allow us to choose the old format.

i have a wide format monitor so the new ui is super painful to look at. like i open the page and i can only see the banner show over my whole monitor!

Tried just zooming, but that doesnt work, text will get small but show boxes got Bigger!!! how are you supposed to browse for shows on this obnoxious garbage of a ui??

Yep it sucks and they dont want to hear about it either. I'm thinking about cancelling.

Any company who doesnt want to hear from it's customers and squelces the commentary from viewers doesnt deserve patronage. Ill just waztch free if I want.